Founded in 2000, Pinnacle Construction & Development Group, Inc. (Pinnacle) is a General Contractor based in Cleveland, Ohio, concentrating on projects in the Federal Marketplace. Pinnacle is an industry leader in unique, complex, and safety-critical projects and takes great pride in our reputation of consistently delivering a quality product on time and within budget. Due to our continued growth, Pinnacle is now looking to add a highly motivated team player as a Project Manager on our Operations Team.
The candidate should be enthusiastic, team-oriented, and display a high level of initiative. Due to the large amount of interaction with subcontractors, customers, and team members, the candidate should also possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. The candidate must be flexible in travel to different job sites around the state of Ohio, however, this role is primarily located in the Cleveland area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Conduct buy-out process
- Administer contract and develop scope of work
- Create and maintain construction schedules to meet deadlines
- Write RFIs, review submittals, and facilitate the submittal process (including follow up)
- Submit and negotiate change orders or modifications
- Responsible for management of project payables and receivables and their integration to forecast project profit
- Orchestrate client progress meetings and maintain regular cadence; generate meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and complete progress reports
- Work in partnership with project teams on other special initiatives, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field (Civil Engineering, Architecture)
- 5 years experience as a Project Manager in the construction field; experience in government construction preferred
- Ability to analyze construction drawings, specifications, and other project documentation
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings other structures and roads
- Strong strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and schedule coordinating of resources
- Basic accounting principles and financial reporting, including cost-to-complete projections
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Project Superintendent to form an aligned team; the sum of your efforts produces a well-run and profitable project
- Experience in using scheduling software; Microsoft Project and P6 preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency in output. Includes strong customer service skills including customer needs assessment, quality standards, and satisfaction assessment to aid in Pinnacle’s quest for RAVING FAN clients.
- Team player with a willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to successfully represent the company in a positive, professional way while living out Pinnacle’s core values of Do It. Do It Right. Do It With a Smile.
- Experience in a Project Manager role on projects valuing at least $1M
- Knowledge of ProCore software
- PMP certified
- AIA billing experience
DO NOT Apply If:
- You need detailed instructions for tasks. We need a self-directed, self-motivated self-starter, with the ability to figure things out or willing to try and figure things out.
- You are afraid to voice your opinions. We need you to be part of a decision-making team, with the courage to have direct or difficult conversations across the organization.
- You don’t want to roll up your sleeves. As a small but growing organization, no one can be above any task.
- Procrastination is your game. We have a lot of exciting work to do, and we’re looking for someone who can pick up the ball and run with it... quickly.
- Full-time, salary position
- Comprehensive benefits including medical insurance and 401K with company match
- Bonus opportunities
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee referral program
- Cell phone allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible work hours and collaborative, fun team environment
- Career advancement and continuing education opportunities
Organizational culture is an important piece of the puzzle and ties closely to Pinnacle’s values. We emphasize “The Pinnacle Way” in everything we do: from hiring new team members to making sure a subcontractor is safe on our job site to providing value engineering for our clients. These traits are, without a doubt, necessary to succeed on this team.
Candidates joining the team will receive competitive pay and benefits package as well as a rewarding work environment. Our philosophy is simple: Have Fun. Make Money. Go Home.
If this position matches your experience and career goals, let’s talk!